Star Trek: Archangel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Star Trek: Archangel

Star Trek RPG set in the year 2400

You are not connected. Please login or register

Message to All

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Message to All Empty Message to All Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 am

Frank Peterson

Frank Peterson
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

This is a need to know basis.

As of yesterday, I have begun training to get myself back into shape and fit for returning to the Army Reserves. It will take me well over a week to get my body fat down to 22%, as that is the requirement for my age, and height in order to return. I will admit, I have 27 to 28% body fat, so I have a bit to go.

I have developed means to assist in my training a lot more productively. One, five push ups with a five second breather, and keep doing it until I can do it no more. Two, I still have my duffel bag from Basic Training, it is already filled but can be filled more to make it heavier. I am taking that duffel bag for a walk. I do not know what the distance of my walk is, but I pretty much start from my home and make a pretty good long walk around the neighborhood and back.

Of course, my legs have been yelling at me during the beginning of the walk but that is what Basic Training was for, and I still remember every detail of my two months at Fort Leonard Wood. So my legs adapted and so I will add more weight if possible.

The point of this post, is that I will be preoccupied. I will be busy, and I will be training myself to death (not literally) until I get that body weight percentage down to or below 22%. I have a lot of catching up do to, and the more I think about it, the more I want to make the Military my career. I have no confidence in automotive or diesel mechanics in college, or any confidence for anything in college. But I have more confidence in being in the Military.

So when I do return to the Military, I will finally be taking my AIT, aka Advance Individual Training, and I will be gone for a month or so. I don't know when it will happen, I will try to notify ahead of time before it comes, but even if I finish AIT, I could also be deployed.

The Company I was assigned to, three years ago, I returned to get some papers and realized that over half of the company was deployed, while a number of them were still there to keep the area running. Its not a big area, just a large building that is being used by National Guard Training groups, and the Battalion that I am assigned to.

So even if I do finish AIT, I may end up joining the rest of the Company. I know some of you have heard that the President has promised and guaranteed to return the troops from Iraq on August 25th or 30th but he said Iraq. He did not say Afghanistan. It is most likely that they, including I, will be deployed in Afghanistan.

So to the People on Archangel,

I'm not sure where things are going, I haven't been in contact with Dixon lately, so if all things fail, contact me and I'm sure we can work something out. I may not be on the forums but I will be checking my e-mails more often. Best e-mail to reach me is,

blazeblack2000@yahoo.com

All I can say is, good luck and keep up the good work.

2Message to All Empty Re: Message to All Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 am

K'Rene

K'Rene
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

While I am sorry that you're withdrawing from us, I wish you every sucess in your chosen endevor. And Good Luck and God Bless.

3Message to All Empty Re: Message to All Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:47 am

Adelle Dagmar

Adelle Dagmar
Commander (Yellow)
Commander (Yellow)

Good luck Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum